Tuesday, April 9, 2013

SideMeat went for a 1000 reps

By Friday of last week I had hit everybody part pretty hard and I had an itch to do something a little different. At first I was going to do 300 reps for chest, 300 for back and my touch-ups. About halfway through my first chest exercise I decided to go for 1000 reps. I quickly put together a plan and went for it. Man can you say a pump!

Here are 10 "rules" to get that chest ready to explode:

1. Choose 10 exercises for 10 sets of 10
2. Try to finish in 1 hour and 40 minutes. That is an average of 10 reps per minute. Now, I did not time each set or each exercise. Typically, I spent more time on my power movements such as Barbell Presses as I wanted to keep the amount of weight I used up. On exercises like Cable Flyes and Crossovers I cut my rest down significantly. 
3. Find a way to count. Maybe 10 pennies in a pocket that you move over. This especially helps if you are by yourself as you may loose count, especially when the pain starts! I had some coins in my bag I used and it worked great. 
4. Be flexible. If someone is on the equipment you want to use keep it moving! Your pace may be a little high to try to work in.
5. This is for two people or less. A third person would extend your wait between sets too much. 
6. If you are having trouble selecting exercises design two full five exercise chest workouts and use those exercises. 
7. Go as heavy as you can every set. If you need to decrease weight after a set feel free.
8. Check your time every 250 reps or so to ensure you are on pace. 
9. If you use pre-workout it may be good to sip it through out the workout. I think mine helped keep my rolling, especially the last 300 reps or so. 
10. GET YOUR MIND RIGHT BEFORE YOU START. If you are pushing yourself, at some point you will most likely think about stopping. 

With that being said, here is what I did:
Warm-up
1. Incline Bench
2. Dumbbell Flye
3. Hammer Decline
4. Cable Crossovers 
5. Dumbbell 30 degree Incline
6. Flat Bench
7. Hammer Incline
8. Incline Dumbbell Flye
9. Dumbbell Flat Bench
10. Upper Pec Cable Crossovers (from the bottom)

That was it. Plain and simple. You don't have to use the same exercises I used. Pick your favorites and, like I mentioned before, stay flexible. You may have to switch pieces of equipment to keep moving! When I do it again I will more than likely do different exercises. I will definitely add some Pullovers to get a good chest stretch in the middle. 

I think my chest grew on that day! I know not possible but may was I hurting! I plan on doing this again in the future, maybe once a month for a while. To close, all I can say is this: It's Tuesday and my chest still hurts. 

Give it a try and let us know what you think! 

DO YOU

-SideMeat

No comments:

Post a Comment